Lobby Service Only
To our Library Community:
After careful consideration of the health and safety of our staff and our community we will offer lobby services only, which includes hold pick up and limited reference services.
The lobby area of all of our branches is open on a limited basis with a restriction on building capacity. Patrons can place items on hold through the online catalog or call their local library branch and request an item. Once you are notified that the item is available for pickup, we would then have it ready for you to retrieve. We can also provide limited reference services during this time. If an item is on our shelf, staff may be able to retrieve the item for you to check out. These are the only services available at this time and access beyond the lobby is unavailable.
Library hours are currently Monday through Thursday 9am-6pm and Fridays 9am-5pm.
Book drops are open for returns of library items.
Returning Library Materials:
Returns must come back to the libraries through the book drops. We will not be accepting returns within the building. The items returned will be in a quarantine period for three days before returning to the shelves.
Library Materials Due During Closure
Any materials that were due during the time that the libraries were closed will not incur fines.
Interlibrary Loan services are unavailable until further notice.
Please call your nearest branch if your card has expired.
We will continue to move forward based on any new guidelines from Gov. Abbott or our county officials.
Up-to-Date Health Alerts & Information:
- CDC updated information about the Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- Montgomery County Coronavirus Response Hub updated information, maps, and resources about the coronavirus response in Montgomery County.
- National Institute of Health updated health information regarding the Coronavirus
- Johns Hopkins Coronavirus Resource Center
Financial Assistance Information:
Local Food Banks:
Resources for Kids & Teens:
- MCMLS Kids websites and e-resources available through the library
- MCMLS Teens websites and e-resources available through the library
- Scholastic Learn at Home projects to keep kids reading and thinking
- Child Nutrition locations where Conroe ISD will be distributing free meals to students who qualify for free or reduced lunch
- Calendar of livestreamed events including yoga, meditation and virtual storytimes
- Jbrary for online storytimes
- Amazing Educational Resources includes free subscriptions offered from education companies
- 450 Manga Volumes have been released online for free!
- How to talk to your kids about coronavirus from Memorial Herman
- Sebco free eBooks for kids & teens
- Abdo free eBooks for kids about illness prevention and facts
- The Princess in Black and the Case of the Coronavirus Shannon and Dean Hale, authors of The Princess in Black books, have released a free e-book featuring their superhero main character. The book is available for download on Shannon Hale’s website as a public service announcement for kids as a way to learn more about what coronavirus is, and how to stay safe.
MCMLS Online Resources:
- Ancestry.com Now available remotely through April! All you need is your library card number to access from your home!
- Library Mobile Apps
- eMovies & TV
- Fresh*Reads Online Book Club
This year we will be going virtual! We will still have many of the same wonderful programs that you know and love, but just look a bit different this year! Stay tuned for more information.