Local Assistance, Government, & Voting
- Benefits.gov - Information on the Texas Medicaid program
- Texas.gov - Official website of the State of Texas. Search for records, find agencies, browse maps, and more.
- Texas A&M Agrilife Extension - Agency working throughout Texas to address local health and agriculture needs
- Voter Registration - Find polling locations and view voter registration status for Montgomery County
- MCTX.org - Website for Montgomery County, Texas, which also provides helpful links to local resources
- United Way - Montgomery County Center - United Way offers a variety of local support services as well as volunteer opportunities
- Local Resource Directory - Mental Health Court Services of Montgomery County has created a directory of local resources, available on their website (look for "Resource Directory")
Housing & Transportation
Housing & Care
- HUD.gov - Housing options from the U.S. Dept. of Housing & Urban Development (HUD)
- Habitat for Humanity - Learn how to apply for Montgomery County's habitat for Humanity housing program
- 2-1-1 - Local housing and shelter resources (provided by the Texas Health and Human Services) can be found on the 2-1-1 Texas website, or by dialing 2-1-1 locally
- Conroe Connection - Bus system for the City of Conroe
- The Woodlands Express - Park and ride system for The Woodlands
- The Woodlands Trolleys - The Town Center Trolleys schedule and route. There is also an app available called "Ride Systems", which displays the information. After downloading the app, select "The Woodlands Township" to begin.
School Districts in Montgomery County
IDs & Passports
- ID or Drivers License - Renew your Drivers License and more on the Texas DPS website
- Passport - Passport applications can be processed through the Montgomery County District Clerk's Office by appointment only. Please call 936/539-7855.
ESL & Citizenship
- Naturalization Test - The website of the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services provides information about the process to become a U.S. citizen, including the naturalization test
- ESL & Literacy Courses - Lone Star College offers free classes on a first come, first served basis in Basic English as a Second Language, English Literacy & Civics, and GED test preparation.
Food & Health