The library subscribes to a variety of research sources, accessible with a library card. Get a card.
Know Your Source?
Know Your Topic?
Breaking news and award-winning journalism wherever you are. Read the latest headlines from today’s news, and experience the world with immersive storytelling formats, like augmented reality, audio, and 360.
This full-text Spanish-language database covers a broad array of subjects inside and outside academia. It offers content from a variety of sources, including reference books, general interest magazines and health reports.
Universal stories told by myth and folklore, represented by a broad range of traditional literature from major regions in the world.
Povides content covering all key areas of health and wellness, from mainstream medicine to the many perspectives of complementary and holistic medicine. It also contains dozens of articles on a variety of teen health topics from smoking and sexting to dealing with anger and coping with divorce
The ultimate general reference resource for researchers at any level.
The premier online resource covering today's hottest social issues with pro/con viewpoints.
Have an upcoming assignment? Try our staff's favorite database for finding biographies.
Love to stay updated on the latest popular magazines? Access them here with your library card.
Preparing for the GED? Need to brush up on your computer skills? Find help with these and more.
- American Ancestors (Must access at the library)
- Ancestry.com (Must access at the library)
- FindMyPast Library Edition
- Fold3 (US Military Records)
- Gateway to North America: People, Places, and Organizations of 19th-Century New York
- Historic Map Works
- Obituary Database Search
- Obituary Request Form
- The Portal to Texas History
Learn more about our Genealogy & Local History Room.
- Academic Search Complete
- Credo Complete *NEW*
- EBSCO Complete
- MasterFILE Complete *UPGRADED*
- Salem Press Online Textbooks
Native American History
U. S. History & Government
Find Books & Book Reviews
- Book Review Digest Plus
- EBSCO eBook Collection
- What's Next: Books in Series of Kent District Library
Find Poems & Short Stories
Find Research Articles
- Consumer Reports Magazine
- Directory of Open Access Journals
- Flipster (Popular magazines)
- New York Times *NEW*
- Newspaper Source Plus *UPGRADED*
- The Portal to Texas History (Historical Newspapers)
- Serials Directory
To browse our full online journal, newspaper, and magazine collection, use the Journals A - Z button at the top of the page.
Browse our Genealogy & Local History Room's special collections, including the Conroe Courier.