Get a Library Card
How to Get a Card
Visit the circulation desk at any of our locations to apply for a free library card. New cards will not be issued 15 minutes prior to closing. Library cards expire every 2 years, but can be renewed at any of our locations.
If you are interested in digital access only, you can fill out the fill out the Online Registration Form to be issued an online access library card. These cards are good for one year and can be used for digital services only.
Requirements - Adult Card
- Be a Texas resident (or have proof of a local temporary address)
- Be 18 or older (information on Child cards below)
- Have a valid photo ID
- Have proof of current address, if different than ID (ex: utility bill, lease agreement, car insurance, etc.)
Requirements - Child Card
- Child must be 5 years or older to get a card
- The guardian creating the account must agree to be responsible for the account until the child turns 18
- Both the guardian and the child must be present to create a Child card
Online Access Card
You can apply online for an Online Access Library Card. After submitting your completed form, you will receive an email with your card number within 2 business days. The Online Access Library Card expires after 1 year and can be used for digital services only. Once the card has expired, you can fill out the Online Registration Form again or call one of our locations to have your online access library card renewed for another year. You can also visit one of our locations with your valid picture ID to be given a full access library card.