Get a Library Card
How to Get a Card
Visit the circulation desk at any of our locations to apply for a free library card. New cards will not be issued 15 minutes prior to closing.
Library cards expire every 2 years, but can be renewed at any of our locations.
Requirements - Adult Card
- Be a Texas resident (or have proof of a local temporary address)
- Be 18 or older (information on Child cards below)
- Have a valid photo ID
- Have proof of current address, if different than ID (ex: utility bill, lease agreement, car insurance, etc.)
Requirements - Child Card
- Child must be 5 years or older to get a card
- The guardian creating the account must agree to be responsible for the account until the child turns 18
- Both the guardian and the child must be present to create a Child card
You can apply online for a Temporary Online Access Card. After submitting your completed form, you will receive an email with your temporary card number within 2 business days.
The Temporary Online Access card expires after 14 days and can be used for digital services only. Once the card has expired, you can visit any of our locations to apply for a full access library card.