To enrich lives by providing access to information, ideas, and interactions.
The mission of the library is to be a leading resource of information, education, culture, and recreation, contributing to life-long learning, and adapted to the special needs and interests of the community.
In pursuing this mission, MCMLS values
- awareness of the needs of the citizens
- ease of access for all individuals
- diversity of peoples and cultures
- motivated, knowledgeable, and dedicated staff
- full utilization of print and non-print technology
- proactive environment that promotes partnering
- 7 branches
- 165 employees
- 268 public internet PCs
- 2 million items circulated
- 398,290 patrons served
- 1948 - year founded
- 683,000 holdings (book, video, and audio formats combined)
- 3rd largest genealogical collection in a Texas Public Library
Director - Jerilynn Williams
Assistant Director - Sarah Booth
104 I-45 N.
Conroe, TX 77301